Wow. Twenty-three. I guess my age doesn’t get a cool Taylor Swift song anymore since, like my roommate said a few months ago, “Twenty-three’s so old. That’s like the point of no return.” (Thx Whitney)
Even though the creep towards my mid-twenties is happening a bit faster than expected, I’m happy to say it’s been going pretty good. And one of those good parts? Starting this blog!
Since I’m kinda new to the blogging scene, I thought I’d celebrate my birthday today with a few fun facts about myself. Extra points if you’re a RL friend and actually know most of these. (;
- It’s a tradition in my family to have Gaelic names, and I was actually almost named Siobhan (sha-von). My parents ended up picking the “easier” name of Sinéad instead, haha
- I’m a huge Harry Potter nerd. Like, annoyingly-complains-during-the-movies-about-how-Ravenclaw’s-colors-are-supposed-to-be-blue-and-bronze-not-blue-and-silver kinda nerd.
- I just got my degree in English, but I was kind of the worst English major ever??? I barely ever read but was the queen of absorbing the plot through class discussions. Thanks, fam.
- I’ve been with the same lovely guy, Teyvon, for 5 1/2 years now. We started dating senior year of high school! And fun fact within the fun fact: if I had gone to the schools I was “supposed” to go to (aka not private school / a school out of my district) I would have known him since kindergarten. Whoa.
- For my college senior project I wrote a short story titled “Orphans.” It’s pretty much about a brother and a sister who are trying to sell the childhood home they inherited from their dysfunctional parents. ~Supernatural hijinks~ ensue. (*gasp*)
- I’m a weirdo who just hates chocolate! I only taste the bitterness, none of the sweetness. Ew.
- I’m right-handed, but left-footed in soccer.
- Speaking of soccer… Despite playing it for 10 years, it actually wasn’t my favorite sport. That award goes to track, where I ran as a sprinter all four years of high school (and for one weird semester of college we don’t really talk about).
- I’m a caffeine addict. I’m exhausted 98% of my life so I always need coffee. But spoiler alert: despite being a #basic blonde blogger girl, I don’t like Pumpkin Spice Lattes (ever since they changed the formula). I know. Stop the presses.
- I spent all five years of college working at a taco shack on campus. And when I say shack, I mean shack. Only three people could fit in there at a time.
- I come from a massive Irish Catholic family, which means I literally have more cousins than I can keep track of. Like between both sides of my family we’re probably at around 40. It’s wild.
- I have a secret Tumblr account with around 30k followers that I haven’t shown to anybody. Low key constantly paranoid that someone I know is going to randomly follow it, haha. Guess its slightly less secret now that I’ve made this bullet point about it, huh?
- When I was five I saw a ghost. Maybe I’ll write a blog post about it sometime~
- I’m way too competitive. About, like, stupid things. Like a drinking game I just learned about 20 seconds ago or some crap. As Drunk Sinéad once infamously confessed to Teyvon, “But babe, I just want to win…everything.”
- My first childhood crush was either Disney’s Peter Pan or Pokémon’s Ash Ketchum. It’s a coin flip.
- Despite being a total introvert, I joined a sorority during college and I’m now a Kappa Alpha Theta alumna. It was (*cue high pitched Elle Woods voice*) the best decision I’ve ever made. …But like actually, I went from like 5 friends to 200+ it was great.
- Roses are my favorite flower. Makes it easy on Valentine’s Day.
- Today I’m a fan of white and pastels and floral prints, but back in middle school I was a total Evanescence-obsessed emo kid. I had this one gray sweater I wore almost every day of my life and my first MySpace profile had this gothic dark castle theme (like what).
- I’m a little Nintendo fangirl and play my 3DS on the reg. Shoutout to my roommates for still loving me anyways.
- I’m horrible with plants and have killed two succulents to date. RIP Alejandro and Alejandro Jr.
- Steven Tyler once threw popcorn at me at a country fair. I awkwardly picked up some of the popcorn and brought it back to my dad as “proof” instead of throwing it away like a normal person.
- I’m #TeamSansa in Game of Thrones this season. Fight me.
- I have no idea where the next few years will take me, but if they magically involve a Seattle apartment and season tickets to the Seahawks, that would be cool thanks.
Andddddd that’s a wrap! Hopefully if you’re new to the blog you now know a little bit more about the face behind the screen. (: Here’s to the coming year!